Cepheid, C.H. Briggs, Elkay Manufacturing and hundreds of Model Metrics customers harness the power of cloud computing on the latest tablets and smartphones
CHICAGO – November 1, 2011 –ModelMetrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today announced significant momentum in its mobile practice with hundreds of customer projects focused on deploying cloud applications to tablets and smartphones. Large enterprise customers including Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD), C.H. Briggs and Elkay Manufacturing are benefiting from the innovation made possible through the combination of cloud and mobile computing technologies.
Extending Cloud Innovation to the Mobile Workforce
Model Metrics sits at the intersection of enterprise cloud innovation and mobility. With the growth of cloud computing and proliferation of mobile devices, businesses are discovering not only productivity gains from conducting transactions on the road, but also competitive advantage by mobilizing the cloud on the latest smartphones and tablets including the iPad and Android-based devices.
Today 80 percent of Model Metrics customers include smartphone and tablet adoption plans in their cloud deployment initiatives, and the company’s mobile projects have increased by nearly six times [or 600 percent] in 2011. Expanding its mobile practice, Model Metrics recently introduced new service offerings and support for additional development technologies and mobile device platforms. The company also announced the Digital Sales Aid, a custom cloud-based mobile application designed for field sales.
Comments on the News
- “The innovation of the cloud extends beyond company walls,” said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. “The possibilities go beyond exposing business applications on mobile devices; the real innovation comes from rethinking how business success can be achieved by combining the power of the cloud and mobility.”
- “Model Metrics Digital Sales Aid gives our commercial architectural product group sales team a better way to showcase our interior specialty building materials using iPads,” said Alicia Guthrie, Marketing Integration Manage Luis Arias, Chief Marketing Officer, C.H. Briggs, one of the largest independently-owned distributors of specialty building materials. “With quick access to photo galleries and product-related documents we stand out from competitors and are driving efficiencies in our sales process.”
- “Model Metrics delivered our cloud applications and digital sales tools in an easy-to-use iPad application that syncs with our CRM,” said Nico Arnold, executive vice president of worldwide operations at Cepheid, a leading molecular diagnostics company. “Our customers can be extremely busy, and arming our sales professionals with a mobile tool that can quickly present our value proposition and track opportunities has had a positive impact on how we do business.”
- Customer iPad deployment video: http://www.modelmetrics.com/marketing-viewpoint/how-zimmer-is-taking-their-cloud-data-mobile-on-the-ipad/
- More on Model Metrics mobile practice: http://www.modelmetrics.com/service-offerings/mobile/
About Model Metrics, Inc.
Model Metrics delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe, and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New
York, Detroit, Minneapolis and Dallas, Model Metrics’ customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allstate, Aon, Cars.com, CME Group, Honeywell, InfoUSA, MasterCard, Medtronic, and Orbitz.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has completed 1,500+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Kelly Indrieri, Public Relations, Model Metrics, 1.650.340.1983, firstname.lastname@example.org